What we have heard
In April 2018, we shared our proposed design with you for Stage 2 of the Yan Yean Road Upgrade. We plan to widen the road north of Kurrak Road and we wanted to hear your thoughts about the project.
When we shared our proposed design with you, many of you gave us feedback. We heard from more than 180 of you at our two community information sessions. You also sent us 214 feedback responses about our design.
Thank you for taking the time to tell us your thoughts about our proposed design for the upgrade. Your input helps us understand your needs and shape the design of the project.
What we heard
Here’s what you told us about our plans for Stage 2 of the Yan Yean Road Upgrade.
- Trees are a large part of why we live here and we want to keep the green feel of the area.
- We’d like you to take measures to preserve and enhance the natural environment.
- We understand the need to remove some trees for safety and bushfire prevention.
Local access changes
- Safe and easy access to local sporting facilities and clubs is important to us.
- The proposed access arrangements will change driveway access to some local streets off Yan Yean Road.
- We support the road widening from a safety and traffic flow perspective.
- Safety of the bus stops along Yan Yean Road is important to us.
- We’re pleased about the plans for shared walking and cycling paths along the road.
- Despite changing the way we access some roads, we understand how the centre median barrier will make it safer to drive through the area.
- There needs to be a better drop-off area at school pick-up and drop-off times.
Between 16 April and 7 May 2018:
- 180 people attended the drop-in community information sessions
- 55 people who attended a community information session submitted a feedback form
- 39 people sent feedback forms to us via reply paid envelope
- 120 people completed a digital feedback form.
How we invited you to have your say
In April and May 2018, we:
- invited 4600 people who live in the project area by mail to our drop-in community information sessions
- sent those same 4600 people a reply-paid feedback form
- invited people on the Yan Yean Road Upgrade email list to the community information sessions
- sent a letter to people who may be directly affected by the upgrade, explaining how the proposed design may change how they access their homes
- discussed Stage 2 plans with the Community Reference Group
- created a dedicated project webpage and an engagement portal for you to give feedback online
- hosted community information sessions at Plenty Valley Christian College and Yarrambat Primary School.
What happens to your feedback
We read through and categorised all your comments. We’ve combined your feedback and submitted a detailed consultation report to the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning for consideration.
The report included every comment we received from the you and the results of our technical investigations into your local area.
Based on our submission, the department will consider whether we’ve sufficiently investigated the area to rezone the land for road use.
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts about our proposed design for the upgrade. What you’ve told us has helped us to understand your needs.
While this stage of consultation for Stage 2 has ended, your feedback will help shape the project as we work further on our designs.
Consultation has concluded